So here they are:
- Get Nila’s Hope published. My second novel is being considered by a publisher, and I hope to hear a positive response soon. If not, the search will continue. Thanks to my online writing friends, I now have a list of possible publishers. What an encouragement!
- Blog: write more consistently and figure out the direction my blog should take. Blogging has been a hit-and-miss undertaking so far, mostly because I haven’t figured out a theme. I read other blogs by much better writers and feel like I have nothing worthwhile to say. Hmm…that may be some insecurity showing through. But God does not give us a spirit of fear, in my case also known as insecurity, so I’m trusting Him to help with this.
A theme came to me this morning in my quiet time, and I think it’s a good one: Grace Notes. I’ve always loved music, even before the writing bug hit. Grace notes are little extras, not the actual melody. Just something that adds to the feel of the music. My desire for this blog is to encourage and bless readers, to share a little grace, so that title not only fits, it gives me direction.
One question: Is this blog easy to find, or should I remove it from my website and have a blog-only site? I appreciate your input.
- Write my third novel, starting in February. That’s coming up quickly, and I have a lot of plotting and research still to do. Yikes! I have a vague idea of the hero and heroine, but that’s about it. Panic threatens, so I’m straining to work hard and trust God.
The goal of writing 1000 words a day, five days a week has worked for me in the past, so I’ll use that again. The real goal is 5000 works per week, and that gives me flexibility when appointments or invitations to meet for coffee come up. (There’s a hint there. J)
- Read more for relaxation, reviews, and education. Writing reviews is new to me, but I do enjoy reading and sharing what I’ve read. This is another way to share grace, too.
As a fledgling writer, I have no problem admitting I have much to learn. I have stacks of books on writing that I’ve barely skimmed, and I want to study them, to glean from them the knowledge I need to become the writer God intends. When I decided on this goal, the question of when? reared its head. Hopefully with good glasses and a bright light, I can read late into the evening. We’ll see how that goes.
- Comment on other writers’ posts. Encouragement is always welcome. It’s a huge boost for me, and I want to bless others, too. Instead of just hitting “Like” when I read something on Facebook I appreciate, I will spend the minute or two it takes to actually write my response. Not always, but more than I have in the past.
This is my first offering of Grace Notes, and I look forward to meeting you here often. Thank you for reading.